The power of words is an amazing thing. Naughty quotes are no exception, as they can evoke a range of feelings from amusement to outrage.
The kind of mischievous sparkle in these quotes commands any audience’s attention and with them comes wit, satire, and a bit of humor.
Whether you use naughty quotes to lighten up a conversation or to make a point, there are plenty of options to choose from and create lasting memories with.
This article dives deep into the world of naughty quotes, highlighting the various topics that fall under them including love, relationships, sexuality, and more!
Get ready to uncover some naughty gems and explore the many offerings available!
- I’ve always had a lot of energy and had a lot of opinions all my life – people misunderstood that about me being naughty, gobby, or different. ~Yungblud
- Even in school, I was that kid others tried to pull down because I was naughty and did well in sports and academics. Life has trained me well. ~Ritika Singh
- I always thought of photography as a naughty thing to do – that was one of my favorite things about it, and when I first did it, I felt very perverse. ~Diane Arbus
- When I first started working on ‘Secret Diary,’ I definitely felt like I needed to shape up. The idea of being in my knickers on TV was a great incentive! Now I try to eat right, and I go to Bikram yoga three or four times a week. I have my ‘naughty’ days, and I indulge in pizza and cake, but so what! ~Ashley Madekwe
- I might put a nicer pair of heels on and a cooler outfit, but I’m still that naughty girl who likes a slice of cheesecake on my day off. ~Jessie J
- People in general are used to seeing me as the naughty girl because that’s what they’ve always cast me as. ~Eartha Kitt
- If all the girls attending [the Yale prom] were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be at all surprised. ~Dorothy Parker, While Rome Burns
- Men are my hobby, if I ever got married I’d have to give it up. ~Mae West
- I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world. ~Oscar Wilde
- I just think Christmas is a time to embrace all the naughty little things. ~Jade Thirlwall
- I never loved another person the way I loved myself. ~Mae West
- Graffiti is usually a protest – ink on walls – or has a reason for being naughty or aggressive. ~Cy Twombly
- When women go wrong, men go right after them. ~Mae West
- I was a bad kid. I was a really naughty kid. I couldn’t read or write. And that was me punishment – going to acting school. ~Joe Gilgun
- Right from the start, I loved the works of Mark Twain. Every time I read about Tom Sawyer, I’d go out and do something low-level naughty, just like him. ~John Grisham
- I’m not going to say I’m not a fan, but I’m a fan of house music, essentially, and kind of indie, and I was always into the kind of sub-pop Seattle Mud Honey and Pearl Jam kind of sound. But my kind of big love was house music ever since I was 15/16, going to raves when I was 15 or 16 years old and not going to school, like a naughty boy. ~Nick Frost
- The only sea I saw Was the seesaw sea With you riding on it. Lie down, lie easy. Let me shipwreck in your thighs. ~Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood
- Of course, you’d warm up faster if you took your clothes off. ~Stephenie Meyer, Eclipse
- Just because I look sexy on the cover of Rolling Stone doesn’t mean I’m naughty. ~Britney Spears
- Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? ~Mae West
- My wife, a schoolteacher, very disciplined. If you think I’m tough, trust me, and wait till you see when the children are on the naughty step. It’s hilarious. So we decided that I’m going to work like a donkey and provide amazing support for the family. ~Gordon Ramsay
- I was very, very naughty in school. ~Barun Sobti
- I’m a naughty sweetheart. ~Jessica Simpson
- Here’s to our wives and girlfriends…may they never meet! ~Groucho Marx
- I was very naughty. That’s the reason I didn’t go very much to the university, because I was partying with my friends more than going to the university. ~Bianca Balti
- I was naughty but never demanding. I never asked my parents for shoes or tracksuits. I was happy with what I had. ~Hima Das
- Of course I’m naughty. I’ve always had to compete for attention, you see. ~Rachel Johnson
- A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are. ~Chauncey Mitchell Depew
- Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere. ~Mae West, Wit & Wisdom of Mae West
- Playing around with other people’s husbands when you were 17 was bad news. Yes, I was a very naughty girl. ~Mary Beard
- As a bookish child in Calcutta, I used to thrill to the adventures of bad girls whose pursuit of happiness swept them outside the bounds of social decency. Tess of the d’Urbervilles, Emma Bovary and Anna Karenina lived large in my imagination. The naughty girls of Hollywood films flirted and knew how to drive. ~Bharati Mukherjee
- We have reason to believe that man first walked upright to free his hands for masturbation. ~Lily Tomlin
- Do you want me to ride you like a rented mule, or do you prefer to be Mr. Missionary Position? I’m fine with wither, so it doesn’t matter to me. ~Katie MacAlister, It’s All Greek to Me
- She was pleased to have him come and never sorry to see him go. ~Dorothy Parker
- Actors are the best and the worst of people. They’re like kids. When they’re good, they’re very very good. When they’re bad they’re very very naughty. ~Kenneth Branagh
- Let’s be naughty and save Santa the trip. ~Gary Allan
- Probably spending 12 years at boarding school – comedy became a survival gene. But I think some people are funny right off the bat, as soon as they can speak or be naughty. ~Eric Idle
- I like naughty boys. I was married to David Bailey, who was one of the naughtiest. I like real men, and I like masculinity. ~Marie Helvin
- Curly hair is not just a hairstyle: it’s kind of a lifestyle. There is something really free and careless about it and loose and kind of naughty. I love it. ~Inbar Lavi
- England is still a place where a naughty boy who comes from nothing can live his dream. ~Raheem Sterling
- I was a naughty kid. Teachers did not like me much. ~Kapil Dev
- One of my favourite scents in the world is the ‘Brown’ candle from Hotel Costes in Paris. It smells like naughty nights in corners of clubs. ~Poppy Delevingne
- I do quite naughty things now. I do like to be a bit sexy. ~Kylie Minogue
- How the English love playing at being naughty boys! ~Robert Gottlieb
- How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world. ~William Shakespeare
- I went to a school called Tring Park School for the Performing Arts. I went because initially I was very naughty, and my mom thought if I was busy, I’d be better. And I didn’t really do acting until later on in the school, with an amazing teacher. I left, went traveling, came back. ~Daisy Ridley
- I’m doing naughty things, I’m drinking too much, I’m going to clubs. It really didn’t matter to me, other than the fact that some parents wouldn’t let their kids hang out with me. ~Macaulay Culkin
- Queen Latifah used to help me out with my kids, because while we were all out on tour – Public Enemy, Naughty By Nature, Queen Latifah, Heavy D – when Public Enemy went onstage, I didn’t have anybody solid to watch my kids. So, Latifah would help me out. ~Flavor Flav
- A man is only as old as the woman he feels. ~Groucho Marx
- I was a very naughty child, on the verge of getting expelled, but I wasn’t a bad child; everything I did was for my own entertainment. But when I went into an exam, I did really well. ~Stormzy
- I was a naughty kid. ~Liam Hemsworth
- Mozart was a punk, which people seem to forget. He was a naughty, naughty boy. ~Shirley Manson
- I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty. ~George Burns
- I loved the idea of playing this naughty old bag, offering her own explanation. It’s my idea of heaven. ~Diana Rigg
- I think that short films often contain an originality, a creative freedom, an energy and an invention that is inspiring and entertaining. I think they are, as Shakespeare put it, a good deed in a naughty world. ~Kenneth Branagh
- I loved Robert Altman, so gentle yet naughty! And Julian Fellowes writes so beautifully. ~Maggie Smith
- Malfoy’s head jerked back as the mud hit him; his silverblond hair was suddenly dripping in muck. ~J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- She also said the wicked people needed love as much as good people and were much better at it. ~Alasdair Gray, Poor Things
- My voice went recently, never happened before, off like a tap. I had to sit in silence for nine days, chalkboard around my neck. Like an old-school mime. Like a kid in the naughty corner. Like a Victorian mute. ~Adele
- Having sex is like bridge. If you don’t have a good partner, you’d better have a good hand. ~Woody Allen
- As a kid, I was hyperactive and the naughty one in school. I wouldn’t listen to anyone and thought I knew best. At home, I was always breaking things and annoying everyone. ~Amir Khan
- To look in the eyes of audiences and see the kind of naughty glee that they got with being on the inside, the audience becomes your co-conspirators. ~Kevin Spacey
- I’ve never been that cute kid that was forgiven for being naughty. ~Richard C. Armitage
- More than an adult comedy, ‘Great Grand Masti’ is a naughty horror comedy, more on the lines of ‘Masti.’ ~Urvashi Rautela
- I got into a lot of trouble. Maybe that’s why my parents didn’t really like me and I didn’t blend in with my family. I was always the naughty one. ~Benjamin Clementine
- Once you begin being naughty, it is easier to go and on and on, and sooner or later something dreadful happens. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
- As Latinas, we tend to be overly partial considering stereotypes. I’m interested in being naughty and edgy. ~Judy Reyes
- Wickedness is a myth invented by good people to account for the curious attractiveness of others. ~Oscar Wilde
- I am bad mannered, naughty, and one of those few people who lands up in controversies, but I guess that’s expected of me. ~Ekta Kapoor
- My marks were always bad, and I was a bad influence on other children, so they would explain to my mother that they could retain me only by being partial towards me, and so I should offer to leave the school myself. I would barely get 40-50% and was also extremely naughty. ~Ram Charan
- good girls go to heaven and bad girls go everywhere ~Helen Gurley Brown
- Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun. ~Groucho Marx
- I had a kiss with Raquel Welch’s daughter – she was a very naughty kisser. ~Hugh Grant
- I sometimes still feel I am living in a goldfish bowl, but I now manage it better. I still have a naughty streak, too, which I enjoy and is how I relate to those individuals who have got themselves into trouble. ~Prince Harry
The Impact of Humor in Naughty Quotes: Making Light Of The Darker Side
Naughty quotes are known for pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo, but with the addition of humor into the mix, they can be transformed from distasteful to amusing.
As we explore the role that humor plays in naughty quotes, it’s important to understand what makes up a naughty quote—essentially any quote that contains strong language or alludes to taboo topics such as sex, drugs or violence.
Humor acts as an effective way to soften such quotes and make them less offensive. It allows us to explore topics that may otherwise be controversial by providing an element of fun and entertainment to an otherwise serious discussion. This also helps to distinguish a naughty quote from real-world circumstances, making it easier to objectify without being too harsh.
By using humor in naughty quotes, it takes away some of the potential negative emotions associated with negative situations and offers a positive release instead. An example would be using a lighthearted joke when talking about breakups—it may not eliminate heartache entirely but it will help lighten the mood momentarily.
Humor is also popularly used in advertising campaigns since it is able to capture people’s attention more effectively than plain messaging alone. Examples include tongue-in-cheek references like ‘Don’t worry about your ex—have a beer!’ or ‘”Love stinks; marry an accountant”. Furthermore, humor can often serve as an icebreaker when trying to engage specific demographics that react positively towards naughty jokes such as millennials or Generation Z.
Naughty quotes have become an integral part of modern society, as they provide a unique outlet for expressing feelings—especially amongst younger generations with a preference for humorous content. By embracing the power of wit, naughty quotes allow us to explore taboo topics such as sex, drugs and violence in a light-hearted manner.
While it is important to remember that words still carry power and context should be taken into account when using these quotes, they can also serve a positive purpose by allowing us to express our thoughts and emotions without actually taking offense or causing too much disruption. Consequently, naughty quotes are able to achieve a balance between humor and seriousness that brings people together regardless of age or background.