The start of a new school year is an exciting time filled with anticipation and possibilities. Whether you are a student eagerly awaiting the first day of school or a parent preparing to send your child off, it can be both nerve-wracking and exhilarating.
For those special moments, nothing quite captures our feelings like inspirational quotes about the first day of school. Here are some inspirational first day of school quotes to celebrate the start of a new year!
First day of school quotes for students, for my son
It’s the first day of school, and while it can be a time of excitement and anticipation for many students, it can also be filled with worries.
Whether you’re sending your own child off to a new school or supporting someone else’s son or daughter, these quotes about the first day of school will help to remind them that they have the courage and resilience to make it through.
This collection of first day of school quotes is perfect for a note to your son or daughter, card or even as an Instagram caption to start the school year off right.
Celebrate the new adventure, acknowledge their bravery and remind them that you are always here for them with these uplifting words!
You’re off to great to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way! ~Dr.Seuss
Be silly. Be honest. Be kind. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Worst thing is trying to find a good seat on the first day of school.
Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom. ~Oprah Winfrey
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. ~W.B.Yeats
Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later. ~Dana Stewart Scott
You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. ~Richard Branson
School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation’s over, school is here.
Don’t look back. You’re not going that way.
Someone will always be prettier. Someone will always be smarter. Someone will always be faster. But they will never be you.
Make today so awesome yesterday gets jealous.
Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today. ~Malcolm X
Let today be the start of something new.
I wish school was always as laid back as the first day of school is.
Everything is a learning process: any time you fall over, it’s just teaching you to stand up the next time. ~Joel Edgerton
Be cool at school. Learn. Laugh. And have fun!
I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings. ~Jenny Han
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. ~Chinese Proverb
What is the most importatant thing one learns in school? Self-esteem, support, and friendship. ~Terry Tempest Williams
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. ~Dr. Seuss
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. ~Thomas A. Edison
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible! ~Audrey Hepburn
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. ~Dr. Seuss
The first day of school marks the beginning of a new journey filled with dreams, aspirations, and a world of possibilities. As students embark on this exciting adventure, it is essential for them to understand the importance of preparing for their future careers through IT certification exams. Practicing IT certification exam questions instills confidence, enhances problem-solving skills, and helps students stay ahead in the ever-evolving tech industry. Click here to see our collection of practice exams and get started on your path towards success.
First day of school quotes for moms
The first day of school can be a nerve-wracking experience for both moms and their children. From getting the perfect outfit to make sure they look their best, to making sure they have all the necessary supplies, there is so much that needs to be done in preparation for this important day.
To help moms manage these emotions, here are some quotes that we hope will either inspire or provide a little comfort. Whether it be for the first day of kindergarten, or their final year of high school, these quotes are sure to make any mother feel better during this transitional period.
Believe in yourself. Play fair. Do your best.
Waking your kids up for school the first day after a break is almost as much fun as birthing them was. ~Jenny McCarthy
A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.
A good mother is worth hundreds of schoolmasters. ~George Herbert
If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insance asylums would be filled with mothers. ~Edgar W. Howe
More mother quotes
First day of school quotes for teachers
Starting a new school year can be both exciting and nerve-wracking for teachers. To get through the first day of school with ease, it helps to have some inspiring words to keep you going. Here are some motivating first day of school quotes for teachers that will help you start your year off on the right foot!
From uplifting words of encouragement to funny anecdotes about the joys of teaching, these quotes will help you get pumped for the year ahead. So grab a cup of coffee and take a moment to refresh your spirit with these first day of school quotes for teachers!
There’s no tired like teacher tired at the beginning of a school year!
I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework. ~Lily Tomlin
Teaching is a work of heart.
Our job is to teach the students we have. Not the ones we would like to have. Not the ones we used to have. Those we have right now. All of them. ~Dr. Kevin Maxwell
When you are going through difficulty and wonder where God is, remember that the teacher is always quiet during the test.
Let us remember: one book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world. ~Malala Yousafzai
No, I’m not a superhero, I’m something even more powerful…I am a teacher. I don’t need a cape because I’m lifted up by the amazing & inspiring kids I teach.
1. What are some inspiring first day of school quotes?
- “Today is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” ― Brad Paisley, “Yesterday’s Gone”;
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” ― B.B. King;
- “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” ― Mark Twain;
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” ― Steve Jobs;
- “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” ― Sam Levenson
2. What are some funny first day of school quotes?
- “It’s the first day of school, and I’m already exhausted.”― Anonymous;
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you have imagined.”― Henry David Thoreau;
- “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” ― Oscar Wilde;
- “The tassel’s worth the hassle.”― Anonymous;
- “You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.”― Bill Watterson.
3. Who said “Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters?
The quote “Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters” was said by Margaret Wheatley.
4. What are some motivational quotes for the first day of school?
- “Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want.” ― Ken Poirot;
- “When you stop learning, you start dying.” ― Albert Einstein;
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.”― Pele;
- “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” ― Socrates;
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” ― Abraham Lincoln.
5. What are some quotes about starting school?
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” ― Benjamin Franklin;
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”― Dr. Seuss;
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt;
- “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” ― Robin Williams;
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ― C.S. Lewis.
At the end of the day, it’s important to remember that starting a new school year is both exciting and nerve-wracking. With the right attitude, a little inspiration and motivation from inspirational first day of school quotes, we can all make this school year the best one yet!
So whether you’re a student or teacher getting ready for the first day of school, take a few minutes to reflect on these inspiring words and get ready to make this year great. Good luck!