Many students, schoolchildren, and their parents ask psychologists: “What to do if I don’t want to study?” or “How to motivate a child to study and stimulate a desire for knowledge?”
Why don’t we want to learn?
First graders go to school with eager eyes and a desire to communicate and absorb information. By the second grade, the situation changes – the feeling of novelty disappears, the academic workload increases, and the desire for knowledge weakens. With each school year, the desire to learn becomes less and less, so, students start addressing essay writers from EssayWritingService to improve their grades.
Sometimes it can be caused by some difficulties in learning subjects, like math or chemistry. If you’re feeling that you or your child feeling stressed by it, don’t hesitate to use a chemistry homework solver. There is nothing bad to delegate some of your tasks and save some time for yourself.
The reasons for this:
- Inadequate behavior of parents – inflated expectations, hyperopic and complete suppression of independence or, on the contrary, permissiveness;
- difficulties in the relationship with classmates or classmates;
- conflicts with teachers because of the inadequacy of their requirements, rejection of the manner of teaching, or professional incompetence;
- love feelings;
- academic failure due to absences and accumulated gaps in knowledge;
- unwillingness to spend time on subjects that are uninteresting or unnecessary (not necessary for entering a university or for future work);
- excessive mental and physical stress during examinations or when combining studies with part-time work or additional classes on courses, in sports or creative clubs.
Interest in learning is stimulated by:
- focusing on your favorite subjects, making progress in them;
- support of parents and friends, encouragement of academic achievements;
- setting new goals and achieving them, such as completing a learning project or participating in and winning a learning competition.
- temporary learning apathy due to learning overload is “cured”:
- revising the schedule of classes and canceling some of them – must leave at least 8 hours for sleep and 2 hours of free time. If you understand that you cannot do something right but it’s an important task be open to use some services that can help you with this. For example, you can buy an essay.
- observing the daily routine and doing homework at the same time, in complete silence or with soft music;
- organizing the workplace so that everything necessary for the study is at hand and nothing distracts you;
- alternation of mental and physical work;
- obligatory daily walks for at least an hour;
- enriching the menu with fruits, vegetables, nuts, fish, and lean meat for a rush of energy and “feeding” of the brain;
- a change of scenery – sometimes you just need 1 day a week to rest and relax.
Sometimes parents just don’t realize that hobbies are also a learning activity. Someone is learning to play the guitar, someone is mastering the art of relationships or performing in front of an audience. Another issue: you don’t see this as a learning activity. Playing differs from learning in that you have a motive for self-improvement, self-development. This is the most reliable cure for boredom.
When a person says, “I don’t know who I am, I don’t want to learn,” it means that he doesn’t yet understand what he lives for, what are the values for which he is willing to experiment. It is good when a person has faith in himself and some kind of meaning in life.
Why it is worth studying
For example, in any profession, the newcomer starts at the bottom rung of development and a small salary (be it a programmer or a teacher). Actually, how to get yourself out of that level is up to you. You will have to pull yourself out on your own, to master different trajectories with the help of learning activities.
A person is motivated to develop by crises: in the economy, in politics, and so on. Remember the meaning of the Chinese character for the crisis? It is both a threat and an opportunity. A person should do so to not lose himself in this life and to pull himself out of various problems with a healthy mind with the skill of learning. It is important to build relationships with loved ones, with children, with adults, with leadership. There are so many occasions for learning activities. So I encourage you to spring into the power of your personality and charisma and build self-esteem and fight for yourself.
Classes with a tutor or a friend who has learned the topic well can help close the gaps in knowledge. In the absence of a positive mood and a desire to attend an educational institution because of disagreements with peers or teachers, try to find the origins of the problems and resolve them. If this is not possible, it is better to change your place of study.
In complicated cases, do not hesitate to contact a psychologist.
A specialist will help to overcome the love-longing or conflicts, to identify your strengths in the process of learning, to regain faith in yourself and the joy of learning
The question “I do not want to learn – what to do?” does not arise from the desire for idleness. The need for learning and self-actualization is inherent in human nature and fades with a lack of motivation.
Develop in yourself the responsibility and ability to achieve goals, analyze failures and create successful situations in learning – it stimulates the conquest of new educational tops.